Sunday, January 30, 2011

As good a place to start as any . . .

Welcome to my new blog. I am starting this blog to update my friends and family as to my post-op progress. As you may or may not know about me, I had a Realize® gastric banding surgery the day before Thanksgiving. As of today's posting, I have lost 39 lbs -- and have 91lbs to go. If you are interested in following my journey to support me, for your own inspiration, or just out of curiosity -- then welcome and aloha! My plan is this: I will post updated "current" pics (on the right hand side of the page) once a month on my monthly post-op anniversary (so the 24th). I also plan to post daily what I ate the day before, to help keep me on track. Knowing that you will all know if I make any unwise choices, will hopefully, make me continue to choose wisely.  I will always try to make healthy choices, but I'm human, so the possibility is always there. Either way, every day, I promise to be honest with you. I will also let you know what type of physical exercise I do daily at the bottom of my food post. And lastly, I will post any random thoughts that I decide need to be shared!

My Choices for January 29, 2011:

For breakfast I made one of the 1st actually yummy protein shakes I have ever had since I started this journey. Since day one post-op most of my protein has been gag worthy, but if you've ever avoided drinking your protein, there is hope. I was given advice from my good friend Kayla about how much h2o to use and ideas for add ins during a girls night dinner date with her and another good friend, Mariette. Up until then, I had been making my shakes thin so as to guzzle them down as fast as possible -- the problem: nothing to mask the flavor of protein, and a lot more of what tasted like yuck. So today with the addition of about 100 calories of frozen unsweetened fruit and the removal of about 8oz of h2o . . . I made my first delicious shake. Here is my shake recipe:

2 scoops Strawberry Protein Powder (I use SEI Pharmaceuticals brand)
1/2 cup frozen freestone peach slices
1/4 cup frozen strawberries  
1/4 cup frozen logan berries
8 frozen blueberries
9 oz h2o

I threw everything in the blender untill well blended and finally, enjoyed drinking my protein.

I decided that I needed a support group, so I attended my 1st Overeaters Anonymus meeting today. I think it will be a good place for me to get some support outside those who are part of my personal life.

For lunchMy friend Kayla was in town again, so she, Mariette, and I again met for sushi lunch. This time my husband and kids joined us. We had a great time. My choices:

1/2 of my single serving size side of Chinese Chicken Salad
1 piece Red Tuna Sushimi
1 piece "Rainbow Roll"
2 pieces "Gonsea House Roll"
2 pieces "Spiderman Roll"
100's of laughs

Kayla is so full of wisdom! Another Kayla gem: Cash 'N Carry has an isle of Torani syrup and the bottom 2 shelves were sugar-free. She even took a photo of the isle -- such a funny girl!! Needless to say -- Cash 'N Carry was my next stop after lunch. Kayla's help was rewarded with giving her my 2004 Jaguar X-Type for the day to cruise around in to 1: mark it off her "Skinny Bucket List" and 2: to celebrate her birthday.


Cash 'N Carry -- WOW!!! I bought a dozen flavors -- and plan to be back for more.


For dinner, I chose to have another protein shake to try out my new flavor choices. Again, De-Lish!!
This time:


2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
1 oz Torani Coconut Sugar-Free Syrup
1 oz Torani Macadamia Nut Sugar-Free Syeup
8 oz H2O
5 Ice Cubes


Threw it all in the blender on low until well blended and frothy. Tasted Like a liquid candy bar! Loved it!


No exercise today, except running around town with my family and friends -- I take weekends off from the gym.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for the wonderful Bday present. 13 items to go on my Skinny Bucket list...yeah!

    ReplyDelete