Thursday, February 24, 2011

All Freezing & No Sun Makes Khrysti a Lazy Girl!

Pretty uneventful day really. Didn't leave the house, except to pick Britton up from his friend's house after he spent the night over there. Spent the whole day being the boy's independent study teacher. Britton is now done and Kana is almost done. I made some good food choices, so I'm happy about that, but didn't exercise again -- bummer!

Today is my 3 month post-op anniversary, so I will take a photo today and update my current pic tomorrow.

So here was my day:

February 23, 2011

Breakfast was a "Peach Pie" Protein Shake -- Delish! I'm so loving the new flavors of SF Torani I picked up Tuesday. I almost want to do a week of just shakes to (1) attempt to break out of this plateau and (2) to be able to try all the flavors I have thought of in my head since acquiring my latest new flavors . . . I'm still undecided on that, but we'll see. For now, here's the recipe:

2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1 1/2 oz Peach Sugar-Free Torani Syrup
1 1/2 oz Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Sugar-Free Torani Syrup
4 oz H2O
10 Ice Cubes

I made Turkey Chili for Lunch. I hate cooking beans, so I cheat. It makes for a fast meal. Here's my recipe:

1 can Pinto Beans
1 can  Red Kidney Beans
1 can Butter Beans
1 can Black Beans
1 can Mexican Style Tomatoes and Chilies
(Like Rotel, but the Safeway brand is cheaper and larger)
1 can corn
1 1/2 lbs Cooked Lean Ground Turkey Breast
Chili Powder to taste

This is a great recipe to make Taco Salad out of too by adding lettuce, tomato, cheese, salsa, and sour cream (or fat free greek yogurt), but I just had a small bowl of chili:

3/4 cup Chili
1 Babybel Light Cheese Round
2 Tbs Pico De Gallo

The kids wanted Popcorn as a snack in the afternoon, so I had some too. I ate 2 cups.

For dinner I had:

1/2 Avocado
3/4 cup Chili left over from lunch

Like I said earlier, no exercise :( Anyone who lives close, feel free to come force me to go with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment