Saturday, April 16, 2011

One Mile Stone Reached, But More To Come

I'd like to start today's post by saying WELCOME to all the new readers. Yesterday LapSF suggested to their patients to check out the blog, and my page views went up 4 times more than usual! Hope you guys stick around and continue to read my blog. Please leave me a comment once in a while -- it really helps me to hear from you.

I also have some exciting news I forgot to tell you all yesterday. I have past my half way mark!




Yep! I've lost 67 Lbs and now have 63 Lbs to go. I'm not really keeping my eye on the long term goal right now. Instead, I'm focusing on the century mark. Just 33 Lbs to go to hit the 100 Lbs lost point. I find that smaller goals keep me more motivated. Anyway, let's talk about yesterday:

April 15, 2011

Tax Day . . . OK . . . not tax day. I'm still not sure why the weekend reprieve, but that's cool -- means I did not wait until the last minute this year! The good news is I'm getting a refund! Which is good, because I have a couple new wardrobes in decreasing sizes to buy!

So, I am happy to tell you that my day started by hitting the gym! It felt good to be back at it. I did take it easier than I did before I got sick -- well not easier, just shorter. I did a 30 minute fast uphill hike/jog with a 5 minute cool down (instead of my usual 45 & 5). Then I did some exercises on the ball that Kayla taught me when she was here. I burned 600 calories on the treadmill and ? calories doing the exercises.

The morning started out with the gym, then getting the kids off to school then to the accountants office to sign the taxes. I wonder if they would call that GST or GKA on Jersey Shore? LOL!

After going in to the accountants to sign my taxes, it was back home for some breakfast. Today I had the same thing I had yesterday (the precooked frozen Tyson grilled chicken breast are so easy and convenient plus there are 28g of protein for just 110 calories)

1 Tyson Grilled Chicken Breast
2 Tbsp Golden Miso Sauce

For lunch I had some of my homemade Split Pea Soup. I just made a new batch a few days ago. I like to keep it in the house. For those of you who are new, I wanted to repeat my tip: If you freeze the soup in ice cube trays, once frozen, you can put the frozen soup cubes into a zip-loc freezer bag and you have quick easy portions you can pop into the microwave anytime. I had:

1 cup Split Pea Soup

Dinner was Taco Salad (another great staple to have in the house is the taco part of the mixture to which you can add the salad part when ready to eat) Here is my recipe:

1 Lb Ground Turkey Breast
1 can Santa Fe Style Beans
1/4 Small Onion (diced)
2 cloves Garlic (diced)

Lettuce
Tomato
Avocado
Light Cheese
Salsa
0% Greek Yogurt

Spray your pan with cooking spray and saute the onions and garlic until soft and translucent. Add Ground Turkey and cook thoroughly. Drain any excess fluid. Add canned beans and continue to heat until beans are warm. Add salad ingredients as desired. I always put tortilla chips on the table for the rest of my family to add to theirs if they desire, but the salad doesn't really need them.

Well, that's about it for my day. Here are my daily stats:
Calories Consumed: 578
Calories Burned: 600+
Protein: 66g
H2O: 2.5L

No comments:

Post a Comment