Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm Almost Ashamed To Have To Write This . . .

I just had a great "Girl Date" day with Kayla. I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Today's post is about yesterday, so here's what happened:

March 31, 2011

I decided to skip the gym today. Sleep just sounded like a much better option.

Something funny started happening to me since I started losing weight. I sometimes dream I am just stuffing myself with crazy amounts of food -- usually some kind of crusty bread is involved somewhere, but the other items I devour in my dreams are totally random. When I finally woke up I felt guilty, but I was so hungry! I knew breakfast should be a protein shake, but I felt like I was actually craving food, and because I had just been dreaming about bread, it was what I felt like I was craving. I decided to have french toast made with white bread and some bacon (for the protein). I had:

5 pieces French Toast
3 Tbsp Butter
2 oz Syrup
4 strips Bacon

It was soooo good, and I was completely stuffed! I didn't really think it would all fit in my pouch, but it did without any immediate problems. I wasn't sure what all that white bread would do as it tried to pass through my stoma, but I figured if it got blocked, I probably just wouldn't be hungry the rest of the day. I had just consumed my whole days calories anyway, so I wasn't too worried about it.

Funny thing, I thought that would keep me full all day, but I got hungry again around 2:00. I told myself that I couldn't have anything else and tried to just drink lots of water to fill myself up. That worked for about 3 hours and then I was so hungry that I couldn't stand it. Now, I started to question myself and my breakfast choices. If I ate again, the day would be ruined!

I just couldn't go without eating any longer, so I decided to eat and just call the day a "learning experience", but I figured since I already blew it, I might as well go big on my failed day. So, I went to McDonalds and got:

20 piece Chicken McNuggets
small Fries
large Coke

I ate most of the nuggets, but couldn't really eat the fries and the coke didn't really taste like I remembered. It was a really stupid move, but what's done is done and I'm moving on. I don't want to tell you my stats for the day -- you can already tell that they aren't good. There is something I do want to tell you though:

APRIL FOOL'S!!!!!

You weren't really buying all that were you? Hahahahaha Best April fool's joke ever!!!

OK, so I really did have a "Girl Date" day with Kayla today -- but the rest . . . Even IF I made the stupid food choices I said I made, the portions of either meal would be physically impossible to consume in less than . . . ummm . . . a couple days?

OK so the real yesterday will be added to the real today post that I write tomorrow. Hope you were entertained LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post but I have been catching up with your blog. LOL I was like, wow, she can eat 5 pieces of french toast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Donnamarie -- Yeah, not a chance! LOL but it was my ONLY April Fools Joke the entire day! Glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete