Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Too Tired To Try To Be Humorous Today

Some days, I sit and stare at this blank page for what seems like hours and can't think of a thing to say. Other days it just types itself. Today isn't one of those "types itself" kind of days. It could be just because I'm tired. Last night I didn't sleep very well. Between Dan coming home late and waking me up when he got in bed; to Kana having Pink eye and needing me to "unglue" his eye lids so he could see when he got up to go to the bathroom; to waking up to again unglue his eyes to put medicine in them; to the Alarm going off @ 5:15 to go to the gym, and me thinking "yeah right! not this morning" and going back to sleep! (I just couldn't do it). But this post, as you know, isn't about the sleep I did or didn't get last night, it's about what I did or didn't eat yesterday and whether or not I exercised. So here it is:

April 4, 2011

The gym was good this morning. It's always hard on Mondays, after taking Sunday off, but I pushed myself (even when my muscles were begging me to stop) and burned 890 calories.  I certainly have a love/hate relationship with running/hiking up hill really fast. I hate it during, but after, I'm so thankful for the calories burned.

I still didn't know what my plan was for the day. I still didn't have any protein powder. Thankfully, it came UPS later in the day.

I had to volunteer in Kana's class this morning (even though I normally don't go in when Kana is sick, but I knew there was a substitute and she really needed me there, so I had Dan stay home with Kana until I got back). So I decided to eat something small before I left -- I usually take a shake with me. I had:

2 slices Deli Turkey Ham

When I got home from volunteering, I wasn't really hungry, so I figured the turkey ham must have been enough for breakfast. The thing is I wasn't really hungry come lunch time either (guess it was just gonna be one of those days). I had:

1/4 cup Sunflower Kernels

Seemed like a good idea at the time, but they are kind of a chore to chew. By the time I was done with it all, my jaws kind of hurt! LOL.

My protein powder showed up while I was cooking dinner. What to do? What to do? I really wanted the meatballs I was making, but knew I wouldn't have enough protein if I didn't chose the shake. I decided to compromise. I would drink my shake right away, then eat 1 or 2 meatballs later. I had an "Apple Pie Ala Mode" Shake. The funny thing is when all I had for an option was vanilla protein powder, all I wanted was strawberry, but now I have strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla to chose form and I still chose vanilla! LOL -- go figure?!

A few hours later I did have:

2 Meatballs in Sweet BBQ Sauce

I made the sauce with Splenda Brown Sugar Blend to cut down on the carbs and calories. It did taste a lot different, but was sweeter than normal, so I will try to adjust the recipe more next time and use less sweetener. I'll post the recipe once it is "right"

Daily Stats:
Calories Consumed: 665
Calories Burned: 890
Protein: 74
H2O: 3L (I wasn't super hungry, but I was VERY thirsty all day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment