Monday, February 7, 2011

Game Day

Well, congrats Packer fans. Super Bowl XLV belongs to you.

February 6, 2011

What is it about game day and food? Is the game any less exciting without all the munchies involved? My first Super Bowl game post-op was a bigger challenge than that the Steelers faced the entire game. Traditions die hard. However, maybe next year we will just have dinner at half time. I'm not sure yet, but I have a year to come up with a plan. For today, I did the best I could.

Breakfast was an omelet this morning. It was delicious and got me off to a good start.

2 Eggs
2 Tbsp Salsa
Small amount of Cheddar Cheese
1/4 Avocado

Got an unexpected visit from a JW about an hour after breakfast. You know me, I just love a good "Religion" vs "Spirituality" debate so I couldn't help myself -- I invited him in. I explained the law of attraction, the roles of different archangels, we discussed Buddha, reincarnation, my personal issue with religious doctrine, and he told me why he didn't celebrate Christmas (apparently it is not a JW thing rather than a personal choice thing? Hmmm. I never knew!) He read to me from the Bible and I read the same scriptures to him from "Da Jesus Book" (the Hawaiian pidgin translation of the new testament) Good times good times!

For Lunch, I decided to have my shake (probably should have eaten food and had my shake for gametime, but I didn't). This time I perfected the "Lava Flow" shake! It had a lot more frozen fruit and ice in it and had to be eaten with a spoon like soft serve ice cream for the first 15 minutes!

2 scoops Strawberry Protein Powder
3/4 cup Frozen Unsweetened Strawberries
1 cup Frozen Unsweetened Pineapple
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup
4 oz H2O
9 Ice Cubes

Before I knew it it was time to make the game day snacks. What was I going to do? What was my "plan"? I thought -- I will make a bag of microwave popcorn when I feel like I want to snack on the food I made the guys. That will work. So the Big Sandwich came out for Dan and Britton, then the wings were ready along with the gluten free chips and some dips. And the game started. I sustained for a while, but eventually wanted to eat what was on the table, so like I planned, I went into the kitchen and made a bag of popcorn (I know a lot of people can't do popcorn post op, but I have never had any problems with it so far). I ate 3 cups of the stuff over the course of the first half and the halftime show.

However, eventually I broke down near the end of the game and ate 6 Hot Wings (which was difficult as I could have no blue cheese to cool them down and no liquids to wash them down with for 45 mins!) Lesson learned.

No exercise today -- The weekend off rule applies!

No comments:

Post a Comment