Sunday, February 27, 2011

An Object At Rest TendsTo Stay At Rest

Someone, I think, needs to shove me and turn me into an object in motion. I wake up each morning thinking, "OK today I need to exercise," and then the next morning, I once again have to tell you all that I did not. Jaime, God love her, made an attempt by leaving a message on Coach Trev's voicemail that I want to meet up with him to do the paperwork to join his gym -- but he did not call me. I'm thinking probably Monday? He does have the coolest equipment, so I am looking forward to starting. Normally I would use the "weekend off rule" excuse, but a weekend does not last for an entire 7 days, so yeah . . .

Food wise, I've been doing fantastic, and yesterday was no exception.

February 26, 2011

Breakfast was back to the usual morning shake. I was going for a "Rocky Road" Protein Shake, which didn't really taste like rocky road, but it was yummy anyway. Cash 'N' Carry only has Toasted Marshmallow flavored sugar-free syrup in the DaVinci brand, which is not as good as Torani, but it worked.

2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
3 oz DaVinci Sugar-Free Toasted Marshmallow Syrup
1/2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Almond Syrup
2 oz H2O
12 Ice Cubes

I wish they made a graham cracker syrup then I would have tried a s'mores shake! What flavor are graham crackers anyway? Is graham a flavor or a name? I've never really thought about it before? Hmmm . . .

Lunch -- well it was an odd concoction, but a great protein rich and fiber packed combination. Awhile back Kayla gave me the idea when I told her that tuna alone made me really wish I could have bread or crackers. Tuna is so smooshy textured that it either needs to be accompanied by a crisp crunch of a cracker, or a good chewy textured artisan bread with a crispy crunchy crust. Kayla suggested putting the tuna in a celery stalk for crunch. So I tried, and it was actually a good idea. Thanks Kayla!

1 can Solid White Albacore (with only half of the water drained out)
1/2 Zesty Garlic Dill Pickle (chopped)
A handful of Chopped Green Onion tops
1 tsp Mayonnaise (a Teaspoon not a Tablespoon)
2 large Celery Stalks (cut into 2 pieces each)

I don't drain all the water out of the tuna to avoid needing very much mayonnaise to make the tuna salad stay together. I mixed the diced pickle and green onion tops in the tuna salad and spread the tuna into the celery stalks and cracked some black pepper over the top. It actually tasted really good, and combined with the 44g of protein from my morning shake, I was now up to 68g protein for the day (and a total of only 390 calories so far!)

I had a little wiggle room today with my great choices I had made earlier in the day, that I decided to have a snack. I didn't even worry about the protein count. So I rewarded myself with:

 2 cups of Popcorn.

Dinner for me was last nights leftovers:

1 cup Split Pea Soup

I decided to put the rest of it in the freezer or I'd get trapped in the split pea soup for the next 3 or 4 days thing until it was gone cause no one else in this house will eat leftovers, but when I pull it out of the freezer in a week or two, it will be like magic. . . voila! . . . brand new split pea soup! I know, normally magicians never reveal their secrets, but I feel I can trust you. Shhhh!!! Now it will be our secret, so don't tell! And now that you know, feel free to amaze your families too.

Well, that's about it for today's post. It's either because I have nothing else to talk about, or I'm just still preoccupied with the whole graham cracker enigma? Who knows? It's funny, you'd think a recovering fat chick would know something like that. *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment