Saturday, February 26, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside

Snow! In Ferndale? We're at Sea Level. It's not suppose to snow in Ferndale! What the heck is going on here? I wanna go back to Hawaii! Man it's cold here! And me, being physically allergic to being cold (a condition called Cold Urticaria) -- I am NOT liking the snow at all. I thought the weather was controlled by Mother Nature, but obviously, after this fiasco, the weather is definitely controlled by a man who got lost on his way to Mt Shasta and refused to stop and ask someone for directions and ended up in Ferndale by mistake!!!

Stayed inside pretty much all day yesterday . . . with the heater on! So, no exercise, but I did eat really healthy so . . .

February 25, 2011

I felt like I was starting to get into a routine again with my eating pattern, so instead of my shake for breakfast, I made myself an Egg White Omelet. Super yummy.

1/2 cup Egg Beaters Liquid Egg Whites
1 oz Deli Ham
2 Tbsp Pico De Gallo
1 individual snack portion Light Swiss Cheese

So for 145 calories, I racked up 22g protein to start my day off right.

I moved my protein shake to the lunchtime spot, so I made one inspired by an old lunchtime favorite -- The "Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich" Protein Shake!

2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
3 oz Torani Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Syrup
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Strawberry Syrup
2 oz H2O
12 Ice Cubes

Originally I made it with 2 oz of each syrup flavor, but the strawberry was too over powering, so I had to add an extra shot of the peanut butter flavor. Nextime I will use 3 oz peanut butter and 1 oz strawberry, but for today it was good enough the way it was.

Being it was such a cold day outside, I was inspired to make homemade Split Pea Soup for dinner. And unlike my chili I made a couple days ago, the split peas were NOT from a can! LOL! Here's my recipe:

1 bag (16 oz) Dry Split Peas
4 large Carrots (diced)
4 stalks Celery (diced)
3 large Cloves of Garlic (diced)
1 bunch Green Onions (bottoms only -- diced)
1 small Ham Steak (trimmed lean and diced)
3/4 of a large pot of H2O (I never really measure the water so I don't know how much exactly!)

I had a cup and a half. It was warm, it was delicious, and it was filling. It was like winning the trifecta!  And winning, even if it's freezing outside, is always a good thing! It made the fact that it was snowing outside suck just a little less.

Got a call tonight telling me that my OA (overeaters anonymus) meeting is cancelled this week. Bummer! That will make 3 weeks without a meeting. Doing fine, it seems, on my own -- but meetings are helpful. It's where I got the inspiration for this blog afterall.

Today was also my sister Mona's Birthday -- so happy birthday to her. Hope she had a great day!

Exercise? Did I mention it was snowing outside? That would be no, but Jaime did threaten to come make me workout if I didn't get my butt into gear soon -- so that's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment