Friday, February 4, 2011

The Replacements

Yesterday was a much better day for me than was Wednesday. I completely replaced the bad choices I made 2 days ago with healthy choices. Plus, I shook it up a bit with a body confusing routine change! And as an added bonus, I never felt any false hunger all day.

February 3, 2011

Breakfast was my 1st replacement. I chose to have an omelet this morning instead of my usual protein shake. I figured, that if my body started out satisfied, then the day would follow suit. Sometimes your brain just needs to know you chewed! So here was my omelet:

2 Eggs
1/4 Roma Tomato
1/8 Avocado
1 Small amount of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Salt & Pepper

Cooked the eggs with Pam and added the other ingredients in fresh after it was plated. It was so good! Eggs are such a good source of protein and a great start to any day (or as an end to any day -- 'cause you know I just love breakfast for dinner nights!) .

I got the kids off to school and immediately hit the gym. No messing around today! increased my hiking time by 3 minutes and played confuse the body by switching the speed every minute or two. I kept a close eye on the equipment's inaccurate heart rate reading and anytime it said my heart rate hit 165 BPM I would manually check to make sure it was under 141 BPM (the machine's 165 consistently equaled a 140 manual reading) so I was armed to fight with her when I was done because I knew for sure and she was assuming, and you know what happens when people assume. My average HR ended up being 155 according to the machine, so somewhere in the 130 range! And yes, my face was still red!

Lunch was apple slices and peanut butter. (for the kid in me!) there's something about peanut butter that I just crave since having surgery.

1 small Granny Smith Apple
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

Slice . . . Dip . . . Enjoy!

My final replacement was to replace my dinner with the shake I normally drink for breakfast. Ready for the yummy protein-erific concoction I came up with today?  -- "Apple Pie Ala Mode"
This shake was so rich and creamy it was almost sinful! So here's the recipe for you:

3 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder by SEI Pharmaceuticals
2 envelopes Alpine Sugar-Free Instant Apple Cider
1 oz Torani Sugar-Free Caramel Sauce
6 oz H2O
Ice cubes
a sprinkle of cinnamon to top it off

Mix 2-3 oz hot water and Cider mix and cool mixture down with a few ice cubes (Hot water and protein powder don't mix) put into blender and add all other ingredients except the ground cinnamon. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into a glass and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.

I added an extra scoop of protein to this one because the bulk of my lunch was the apple which had no protein so I needed more in this shake to meet my daily target range. I was really good with 3 scoops, but would be just as good with 2 scoops if that's too much protein for you.

I have plans to buy both the Torain sugar-free caramel syrup and the brown sugar and cinamon flavor to replace the caramel sauce I used this time. The added 80 cals, though in my budget for today, may not be available to me next time, so having an alternative way to make it would be helpful.

Exercise today burned 455 Calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment