Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blame It On The Jet Lag

OK, so despite waking up and thinking to myself, "I'm gonna follow my rules 100% today," turns out I didn't. But at least today is off to a good start, so tomorrow's post will be better.

February 22,2011

So I woke up late and thought I'd eat breakfast after I made my blog entry, but while typing yesterdays entry, I got a call from the salon because it was time for my nail appt and I wasn't there. Tia rescheduled me for noon but that meant I had to finish my blog entry quick and rush to get ready to go. I made it on time, but by then it was noon and I had not yet eaten. The kids were with me, so I sent Britton to the co-op to buy lunch. He brought me back a small bowl of Chicken Dill Soup it sounded weird, but he had a sample and told me it was really good, so I figured if I didn't like it, he'd eat it. I'm usually not a big fan of dill (except in pickles), but the soup was actually good . . . delicious even! So I ate the whole thing (and 3 small bites of Britton's Turkey Sandwich on Dutch Crunch bread)

After the salon, it was off to Cash 'N' Carry for more SF Torani. Got some new flavors like Mango, Peach, Pumpkin Pie, Cinnamon and Brown Sugar, Toasted Marshmallow, and lots of others! I can't wait to start experimenting with new flavor recipes!

Ran a few more errands then went to Winco for groceries as out fridge was now bare! After an hour in the store and $175 worth of groceries rung up -- they refused to take my check because I have out of state ID! They're a stupid store anyway. They don't take credit cards which is a pain in my ass (I hate writing checks and if I don't pay with a credit card -- no free miles to go back to Hawaii) plus the store is always full of tweakers, so . . . Looks like I'll be shopping at Safeway. Plus it made me smile just a bit that they now had to sort out all the groceries and put them away!!! Hahahaha

It sucked though that all the protein foods I had in the cart were now not accessible to me, so when I got home, I had 2 cups of popcorn to hold me over.

Then it was off to Safeway to do the grocery shopping thing again! Cha-Ching! 150 miles earned.

By the time I got home and put everything away, I wasn't in the mood to cook, so hot dogs for everyone else and for me:

1 pkg (3/4 oz) Light Swiss Cheese
1 pkg (3/4 oz) Light Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Green Grapes

And there you have it -- didn't hit my target in the way of protein or calories. And aside from the fact that I was running around all day, no exercise either! I'm blaming everything on jet lag

No comments:

Post a Comment