Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's Been A Grab & Go Day!

It's late. I know. What I really want to do is go to bed. What I really need to do is write today's blog. I've kind of been in a do what you want to do mode, but once you let yourself slack off on writing, it just gets easier and easier and easier. So, tonight as I type up this very late blog entry (that I'm suppose to do in the morning), I am making an attempt to force myself back into doing the right thing and writing this blog daily as I promised you I would. So here's what I did yesterday:

March 30, 2011

Britton jumped right up to hit the gym with me today. I guess that letting him sleep in and catch up on some Zzz's really paid off. I had a decent workout . . . Burned 886 calories!

Breakfast was a Luna Peanut Butter and Chocolate Protein Bar, because I was off to watch the morning performance of Kana's play. I would have made a shake and taken it with me if the morning just would have come with an extra 15 minutes! But it's times like these, that I bought these bars for in the first place. I'm so glad I had them available or I would have been too hungry by the time the play ended.

Lunch -- Sometimes it is better to cook your food the old fashioned way. Usually means a healthier option with more nutrients. However, there are also times when convenience wins out on so many levels that it just doesn't make sense not to do it the "new fashioned" way! Because life isn't always lived in an ideal world. Sometimes I just don't have the time, like this week. Not only are we finishing up with Kana's 5 day a week swim lessons or the fact that it is open house this week at school and Kana (being in a 2nd/3rd split class) is in the "3rd Grade" Play and they have performances every day this week and he wants me at all of them. (I have, however, learned all the words to every part -- in case they need an understudy come the actual open house performance!) Plus, this is the end of the month, which means, I need to get billing out . . . and the list goes on . . .

So for days (or weeks, months, whatever?) like this, I like to keep Tyson Frozen Grilled Breast Fillets on hand in the freezer. I love them because they're: quick and convenient, low calorie (110 per breast), and packed with protein (24g per breast). My son Britton, who is not a huge fan of protein shakes asks my why I just don't eat them instead of drinking shakes everyday since they lave less calories and more protein per serving. The answer -- Variety! There are only so many things you can do with a plain chicken breast, but thanks to Torani, the shake possibilities are endless. I did spice up my chicken breast though with something new today. I had:

1 (4 oz) Chicken Breast
2 Tbsp Wasabi Mustard (as dipping sauce)

It was really good -- but I think anything with wasabi on top is good!

In between my lunch and dinner there was A LOT of running around (I'll spare you the details as I want to post this before it officially becomes a "two day's ago in my pouch" post) I was glad when swim lessons were over! That meant all I had left to do was feed everyone, do Kana's homework with him, and get him bathed and ready for bed. (Which by the way is also my bedtime so that I can get up at 5am the following morning!) So guess what dinner was? Yep . . . quick, easy, frozen chicken breasts for everyone! Add some easy mac and a salad for the kids, and everyone can be served a meal in under 15 minutes! My favorite -- aside from simply making reservations that is! I had:

1 (4 oz) Chicken Breast
2 Tbsp Hot Salsa
1 individual pkg Light Cheddar Cheese

I nuked the Chicken Breast, spread salsa and shredded cheese on top of it, and put back into microwave just until the cheese melted. Yummy, easy, and full of protein -- the perfect post-op option!

Here were my daily Stats:
Calories Consumed:  525
Calories Burned: 886
Protein: 67g
H2O: 3L

No comments:

Post a Comment