Sunday, March 6, 2011

Making Up For Yesterday

First, I'm sorry for skipping yesterday's post. Just too much to do and not enough hours in the day, I suppose. I will tell you about both Friday and Saturday in today's post, so as not to leave anything out.

To answer the question from the last post . . . Did we go back to the gym and workout? Yes we did! After the getting up early only to find that no one showed up to unlock the main door lock, we eventually did go back and get our workout in. So yay! Nice way to spend a Friday night -- we practically had the gym to ourselves.

March 4, 2011

After getting off to an unfortunate start, and a foggy recovery, I finally got around to breakfast at 10am (very late! I was going to have to really push to get my eating/drinking schedule in on time.) I made a "Peach Pie" Flavored Protein Shake. Delicious as always! See: Peach Pie Recipe for a list of the ingredients.

Lunch was a big salad with the Greek yogurt ranch dressing I told you I was going to experiment with. I made the recipe by following the instructions on the Hidden Valley Ranch packet, except I substituted the mayo with plain fat-free Chobani Greek Yogurt and used 1% milk. I figured out the calories to be: 20.6 calories per 2 Tbsp of dressing! It tasted just like regular ranch, except it was a little tangier than usual, but for such a huge calorie savings, I think I could get use to a tangier ranch! My salad had:

1 cup Romaine Lettuce
1/2 large Roma Tomato
1/4 small Avocado
1 large Hard Boiled Egg
1 oz Sliced Deli Turkey
1 individual serving package Light Swiss Cheese
2 Tbsp My Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing

Dinner was a splurge that is not really on my approved foods list, but I have been doing good, and had burned 681 calories at the gym, so I felt like I earned it. Pizza! . . . well, sort of. Round Table makes these new Artisan Flat Breads. They are between 200 and 270 cals per slice. I had 1 slice of the Artisan Pepperoni Flat Bread which had 270 cals. I enjoyed every bite!

Daily Total:
Calories Burned: 681
Calories Consumed: 745
Protein: 73g

March 5. 2011

It was a fun, busy Saturday! Which, I'm happy to say, included an exercise activity that I have been meaning to do for a while now. Kana and I went to the Arcata Community Pool for Open swim time. It was a blast. Kana even tries the water slide, but didn't like how the water went up his nose at splash down. He says he'll try it again next time, but once was enough for the fay's visit. We worked on his skills he learned at class this week and "raced" each other across the pool -- which he won every time!!! We had a blast!

Breakfast was me just being too lazy to make myself something after making bacon and pancakes for the rest of the family. I chose to instead, eat:

2 slices Bacon

Meh, wasn't really too hungry and it was protein, so . . .

After swimming Kana and I went out for one of our favorite treats: Fro Yo! There is a great frozen yogurt places in Arcata (a regular spot for my lunch back in '86 when I was at HSU!) We each had a small cup of yogurt. Kana got Chocolate with sprinkles and gummy bears. I had:

1 small cup Mixed Berry Frozen Yogurt

I talked to the owner and she said a small is between 4 and 6 oz and that there were 25 calories per ounce so my treat was 100-150 calories. She said she wasn't sure about the protein thing, but I know that regular yogurt has about 1.5g per oz so that's good enough!

Dinner was amazing! I baked Chicken Breast with Ted & Barney seasoning, stir fried Veggies in Pam, made noodles and rice, and made a Tai Peanut Sauce. I had:

4oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1/2 cup Veggies
1 oz Peanut Sauce

Here's my recipe for the sauce:

1/3 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 can Chicken Broth
1/3 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
liberal amounts of Chinese Hot Mustard Powder (to taste -- I like it hot!)

It's really good, and protein-erific! Dipping sauce without guilt!!! It really could have used Crushed Red Chile Peppers, but I didn't have any on hand.

My counts for the day are:
Calories Burned: Unknown
Calories Consumed: approx 440
Protein: ?g (not enough!)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you went to HSU! :)

    I am totally stealing your recipe for peanut sauce. YUM! Costco has Chicken Satays (aka chicken on a stick) that come with a super sweet sauce...the peanut sauce would be an excellent substitute.

    I would like for you to put some healthy snacks in your purse or that pretty Jag of yours, for days when you are running around like crazy. Swimming burns a lot of cals and you need to keep up with your nutrition. I try to keep a protein bar, jerky, a serving of protein powder, and individual size bag of nuts in my car to keep me in line.

    ReplyDelete