Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Feeling Great About My Progress

What an AWESOME day it was! Tired or not -- the day was packed with good things and good news. First if which (well, not chronologically -- but in order of how happy they made me) I saw my doc today for my official weigh in, and the result . . . drum roll please . . . 56 lbs in 110 days!!!!! That's just a bit more than a half pound a day! Just 9 more pounds, and I'll be half way there! I know, I'm using lots of "!'s" but I am really excited about it -- give me a break. LOL!




I also started the day out with a GREAT workout! 831 calories burned! After stepping up my workout Friday night, I thought I'd keep that higher pace. Can I keep it up? Well, I know the answer, but I'm not going to tell you! You have to read tomorrow's post to find out (gotta keep you coming back).  Anyway, let's find out about yesterday, before we start wondering about today:

March 14, 2011

Breakfast was an "Apple Pie Ala Mode"  Protein Shake, which I thought I had given you the recipe for, but I can not find it in the tags for my posts, so I will tell you again and tag it here. Here it is:

2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1 pkt Alpine Sugar-Free Apple Cider
1 oz Hot H2O (To dissolve the Apple Cider)
1-2 Ice Cubes (To cool down the Cider before adding to protein powder)
2 oz Torain Sugar-Free Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Syrup
2 oz Torain Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup
12 Ice Cubes

I had a noon appointment with my surgeon today and had another 1.5 cc's added to my band, which should make a total of 8.5 cc's. I say should because when he drew back all the saline in the band (which should have been 7 cc's) he only got 6 cc's out. He said there could be another cc air locked behind an air bubble, but there may have only 6 still in there. So I may have 7.5 or possibly 8.5 cc's in there now? Either way, I am finally feeling some restriction. Lunch was postponed for an hour today (which my body thought was 2 hours, because now I get hungry at specific times and it is not yet aware that we actually messed with our extrenal clocks), but hunger is NOT an emergency, so my body just had to wait until my drs appt was over. I had a shake in my blender bottle in the car waiting for the ride home after my appt. I had a Mounds Protein Shake. Shakes lose something if you make them too long before you drink them, but nutritionally they are the same. It takes much longer to drink now. I really hope that doesn't go away like it did after my last fill -- but I never felt this much restriction after the last fill. Maybe I have found my "sweet spot" (hoping) -- which would be awesome!

Dinner was my "homemade" Chili except instead of using ground Turkey, I made it with Lean Ground Pork instead of Ground Turkey because when I compared the nutrition labels on each package to each other -- the pork had fewer calories with more protein and less fat. I could only eat 1/3 cup before I really felt full. I mean REALLY FULL.

So here were my Daily Stats:
Calories Consumed: 592
Calories Burned: 831
Protein: 98g

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! I'm proud of you, your progress is incredible!

    ReplyDelete