Monday, March 14, 2011

Sleep Deprivation and Rain -- A Humboldt County Springtime Sunday

OK, another PM post. Been a busy day (and the time change seems like it made the day drag on forever!). First I would just like to say "Daylight Savings Time" makes NO SENSE! We (on the mainland USA) screw up our Circadian rhythm twice a year so that it can stay light until 10pm during the summer? Like having daylight until 9pm wouldn't be enough? And if we really wanted (or needed) more daylight longer wouldn't it make more sense to have DST during the winter so it didn't get pitch black at 5pm?!?! I mean if were gonna screw ourselves up -- wouldn't THAT make more sense? Whatever. Moving on.
I'm gonna try to keep this post short and sweet (I think?! You never know when I'm gonna go off track and talk about something random, but at the moment I think, short and sweet -- we'll see).

March 13, 2011

Breakfast was a new protein shake concoction I called "Fruit Salad"

2 scoops Strawberry Protein Power
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Mango Syrup
1 oz Torani Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup
1 oz Torani Sugar-Free Watermelon Syrup
1 oz H2O
12 Ice Cubes

This shake was pretty good -- add 1/2 of a fresh Banana and it would have been better. But for now -- it was OK.

Lunch was leftover Chicken from last night. I had:

6 oz Korean Chicken

Dinner was more of the same thing I had for lunch. Hey, it was quick, easy, protein packed, and no one else in this family will eat leftovers, so . . .

6 oz Korean Chicken

I know boring day huh? I'm still feeling a little apathetic toward food -- so if it's quick to grab, packed with protein, and requires little effort to prepare . . . I'm in. Chewing is about the only energy I want to spend on getting something nourishing into my body right now.

I went to my doctor's support group. It was good -- informative. My doc says he is getting a surgical practice partner so he will be coming here once a month instead of every other month. That will be good. Maybe a once a month meeting is all I will need and I can take it as a sign that OA is not the place for me. I'm still on the fence about it.

Anyway, told you it was short and sweet. So here are my daily stats:
Calories Consumed: 596
Calories Burned: Just my resting metabolic rate -- no exercise today . . . 'cause Sunday = day off!
Protein: 101g

No comments:

Post a Comment