Friday, March 18, 2011

Hydrated!

Sip, Sip, Sip . . . and after a short while, I'm hydrated once again! No, those sips weren't on any green beer! I did not join in with any St. Paddy's day celebrations -- except to wear green so my kids didn't pinch me! Can't do carbonated drinks so the green beer was out. Now that I'm back on liquid protein and fluids only, the corned beef and cabbage was out. (Even if I wasn't on liquids only -- corned beef is way too fatty, so it would have been out anyway -- and who wants to eat just cabbage? Yuck!) So now that you know what I didn't do yesterday, let me tell you what I did do:

March 17, 2011

So the first day back to basics wasn't too bad. Plus my kidneys are feeling MUCH better! And even though I decided to forgo my morning workout yesterday due to kidney pain, by the end of the day I was well hydrated and feeling better, so I hit the gym and burned 843 calories. Besides, by then I was feeling pretty guilty for not having had worked out yet, I don't know if it's really guilt -- but something. It just feels wrong.

Breakfast was another "Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream" Shake. It is just so good -- I had to have it again! I told you it may be a regular during my Liquid Phase, so you'll probably be seeing it a lot!

Then I sipped, and I sipped, and I sipped water until lunch time.

Lunch was a Strawberry Coconut shake. My lunch and dinner shakes are a bit different from my breakfast or my one-a-day shakes in that I do not double up on the protein in them (or my protein intake would be way too high (like 132g daily!), and during the liquid phase my doc wanted my calories below 600 (and with 3 doubles a day, I'd be getting 708). so here was my lunch shake:

1 scoop Strawberry Protein Powder
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup
2 oz H2O
12 Ice Cubes

And I sipped, and I sipped and I sipped some more water until dinner. Which was a modified Mounds Shake (reducing the protein again):

1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup
2 oz H2O
12 Ice Cubes

And I sipped, and I sipped, and I sipped . . .

Daily Stats:
Calories Consumed: 472
Calories Burned: 843
Protein: 88g
H2O: 74 oz (Plus between 16-18 oz per shake)

No comments:

Post a Comment