Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And She's Back!

Yay! I told you I'd join the new gym on the 1st of March. Loved the workout with the "Cardio-Theater" TV connected to my machine (all the machines there have personal TV screens on them and you can watch whatever you wish while you workout, of course you have to wear headphones or it would be too loud with that many TVs all on different stations playing at once LOL!) even though there was nothing good on to watch so I channel surfed a lot -- not a big fan of the entirely worn out and lame "American Idol. The Gym is great though, and I like that it's a key card system so I can go in anytime between 5:30am and 10pm. Now I just have to make sure not to lose my card! I used the Elliptical Stair Climber Machine and after my workout was done, I had burned 480 calories!

Even though I know how much I burned, I'm not exactly sure how much I consumed, but I am assuming it to be around 700 calories and between 75-80g of protein. I will explain this more to you after I tell you what I ate for the day.

March 1, 2011

Breakfast was . . .you guessed it . . . a protein shake. I call it the "Tropical Fruit Smoothie" shake. It was good, but is a work in progress, I think. Here's the the current recipe:

2 scoops Strawberry Protein Powder
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup
2 oz  Torani Sugar-Free Mango Syrup
1 oz Torani Sugar-Free Strawberry Syrup
12 Ice Cubes

Today was the start of my hell week -- getting billing out. I hate doing it, but I haven't found any other way to get people to send me money, so . . . yeah. Guess it just has to be done. Anyway, I drank my shake slowly in between entering invoices.

Lunch was the reason for the guess about the calorie and protein counts. I was really craving Chinese Chicken Salad from Hunan's. I usually make my food at home and read the food labels so I know how much of everything there is in what I'm consuming, but I asked the girl who checked me out if she knew how many calories was in the chicken salad and she said, "I don't" so I decided to sort of guess. I ate:

1 cup Chinese Chicken Salad

which I am going to guess cant be more than 327 calories and has to have at least 8g protein. Why you might ask did I pick these numbers? Well, because at the end of the day my target for calories is between 600 and 800 (I try to make it closer to just above or below 700), and my target for protein is between 75 to 100g. And the tally for today was:

calories= 373 + whatever the chicken salad was (couldn't have been over 327)
Protein = 67g + however much was in the chicken porting of the salad (had to be at least 8g)

You see now, by my calculations, I was right on target! Yay Me!

So where did the other part of the calories and protein I knew for sure come from? Dinner. Which was a cup of my new found way to enjoy Greek yogurt!

1 cup Greek Yogurt
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Strawberry Syrup

I was actually late in eating dinner due to poor planning and the start of a new swim lesson schedule for Kana, but I ate just before working out, so I'm OK with it. I will just have to plan better now that I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment