Friday, March 4, 2011

I've created a monster!

Well, I gotta tell ya -- Waking up at 5:30 and heading to the gym is a great way to start the day! Unless . . . they for some inexplicable reason are not open when they should be open, and you wait around for a while hoping someone will show up and unlock the door -- but they don't. Then you have to drive home tried because you didn't get to workout and you have an extra hour to do nothing, so you go back to sleep for an hour. The 2nd time you wake up for the day is NOT as easy as the 1st and you hang out in a fog for the next couple hours. You'd like to go exercise to get the blood pumping and maybe salvage the rest of your day except, (a) you don't even know if they're open -- and -- (b) you have a kiddo who is home sick from school today! I really hope that I am going to tell you tomorrow that I got a workout in today, but at this point, I don't know when or if that will happen. We'll see.

Anyway so much for the rant so now on to the rave. Yesterday was an awesome day with awesome choices made! check it out:

March 3, 2011

The day, like I told you yesterday, started out at the gym. Feeling beaten from the night before I decided I would step up my game. I increased my resistance and speed, and by the end of my workout I had burned 658 calories!!! Having Britton there with me is definitely a great motivator to push myself beyond my comfort zone!

Breakfast was a protein shake inspired by a txt conversation with Kayla. She sent me a txt of Torani Sugar-Free Chocolate Macadamia Nut Syrup and told me she named the shake she made with it "The Khrysti Shake." I don't have that flavor, but do have macadamia nut syrup and chocolate protein powder, but felt I needed to elaborate on that a bit so I made the "CocoCaraMac Shake":

2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Coconut Syrup
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup
1 oz Torani Sugar-Free Macadamia Nut Syrup
12 Ice Cubes

The final result? Super YUM! Definitely a keeper.

At lunch I came up with a brilliant idea for tuna. I just can't eat it dry, and adding mayo always makes me feel guilty, no matter how little I use. So I decided to add 2 Tbsp of Greek Non-Fat Plain Yogurt to it and add some seasonings to spice it up a bit. It was delicious and guilt free! Plus, it was PACKED with protein. I used the mixture to make a salad:

1 can Solid White Albacore (drained)
2 Tbsp Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt (I prefer Chobani or Zoi)
1 medium Pickle
1/2 large Roma Tomato
A few Chopped Green Onion Tops
Ted & Barney's Seasoning to taste
1 Cup Romaine Lettuce

I mixed all but the lettuce together into a really good tuna salad, then added the lettuce and tossed to coat with the tuna salad mixture. It made a huge serving and I finished almost all of it. It has inspired me to try to make "Ranch Dressing" out of Greek yogurt and a Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Packet. I'll update you as to how that goes soon! (Most likely tomorrow!)

Dinner was Super Healthy and really good! And to think I started out not even wanting to cook (lunch was so big, I wasn't really hungry). However, Britton, still out doing me, was back at the gym for his 3rd workout of the day (in the morning with me, P90X for PE, and now with his friend Jared who he is now trying to inspire to start joining us at 5:30), so I knew he was definitely in need of something healthy, filling, and packed with protein. Here was our menu: Extra Lean Pork Tenderloin with Garlic & Peppercorn Seasoning, Asparagus, Green Salad, and Baked Macaroni and Cheese. I had:

3 oz Pork Tenderloin
4 spears Asparagus

My end of the day stats:

Calories consumed: 611
Calories burned: 658
Protein: 91g

No comments:

Post a Comment