Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah . . .

Again, not much to talk about yesterday. The big excitement was that Kana swam to the deep end of the pool during swim lessons. I have so much work to do in the office, that hours pass with nothing truly inspiring to tell you about. So here was my diet/exercise yesterday:

March 7, 2011

The day began at 5:30 a.m. and I am happy to say it was open. Turns out the owner of the gym was sick so he didn't get up and go unlock it at 5 a.m. like he usually does and it was too early to call back-up to go unlock it.

Breakfast was the last of the Chicken Breast and Peanut Sauce leftovers.

4 oz Chicken Breast
2 Tbsp Peanut Sauce

I've been very uninspired by food for the past few days. It has inexplicably become "just fuel" which is unusual especially for me. It's not that I don't get hungry, I just don't really care what it taste like, as long as it does the job.

I decided that Shake time was lunch time. I made the "CocoCaraMac" shake again. See: CocoCaraMac Recipe for list of ingredients.

I searched The World According to Eggface for a tasty recipe for Tuna Steaks, but could only find ideas for canned tuna, so I had to go out on my own. I decided to saute it with a Thai herb blend, stir fry Carrots and Broccoli, make some noodles, and put everything atop a Romaine lettuce salad. (for me, I did without the noodles), with spray on sesame dressing and wasabi. I had:

3 oz Yellow Fin Tuna
3/4 cup Veggies & Salad Mixture
5 sprays Sesame Ginger Dressing
liberal amount Wasabi

Kana liked the tuna, Britton didn't. Trying to inspire a teenager to try new healthy things is difficult, but I won't ever give up trying. He is making healthy choices for Breakfast and lunch, so I am proud of him for taking the steps he has towards a healthier life. We all have to take things in our own pace and stride.

Daily Stats:
Calories Consumed: not 100% sure because my Calorie counter is currently glitching, but my best guesstimate is 500-600(?)
Calories Burned: 600
Protein: 84g

No comments:

Post a Comment