Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nothing I Can Think Of

How does a person get "writers block" when all they have to do is talk about what happened yesterday? It's weird, but I feel like I just don't know what to say. I mean how boring would this blog be if all I said was I ate this and this and this, I did this, and my stats were this, and I didn't have anything witty, random, or something to make you think to say to make it interesting for you? Usually my day goes along and I have several moments where I think to myself, "I should talk about that in my blog." I remember some of them when it comes time to write, and remember the rest during the writing process. Today I have no recollection of having any of those moments yesterday, but if I did, and just don't remember them now, maybe they will come to me as I type. I guess we will see, and with that, here was my yesterday:

March 29, 2011

I had to hit the gym this morning solo. Britton just wouldn't wake up so off I went a la carte. I did pretty good, even in solitude, I burned 847 calories. I do like having a gym partner though, but I can do it alone if necessary.

I, against my better judgement, decided to have my shake for lunch, and have some chewable food for breakfast. I a burritoless breakfast burrito. That just means I skipped wrapping the filling into a tortilla. Kind of a crazy spicy scramble. Here is a list of what didn't go into the tortilla:

1/4 cup Crumbled Bacon
1/2 cup Egg Beaters
1 slice Low Fat Provolone Cheese
2 Tbsp Hot Salsa

It was perfect . . . even if eaten off a fork instead of out of a tortilla.

Lunch was a shake, because if I had talked myself into waiting, I figured it probably wouldn't happen. So, I just did the right think and made my shake. Well, I don't know if could be called a shake -- I used extra ice cubes and it was really like soft serve ice cream. I ate the first half of it with a spoon out of a bowl, then tipped the bowl and drank the rest once it was thin enough to do so. I used the  "Cookie Dough Ice Cream" Shake recipe but added an extra 8 ice cubes for a total of 20.

I had a snack today before taking Kana to swim lessons. I wanted popcorn, but am trying to break myself of the popcorn thing, so I opted for:

1 Tbsp Peanut Butter (Frozen)

I like to freeze tablespoon fulls of peanut butter, because they make me feel like I'm eating a piece of candy.

For dinner, I made my family Pizza, so I needed a quick easy alternative. I still had frozen split pea soup in the freezer, so I warmed some up. I had:

1 cup Homemade Split Pea Soup

Well, that was it -- my no-frills yesterday. Life, I suppose, isn't always a circus . . . sometimes it just feels that way!

Daily Stats:
Calories Consumed: 721
Calories Burned: 847
Protein: 87.5g
H2O: 2.5L

No comments:

Post a Comment