Friday, March 11, 2011

First the DMV . . . Then a Tsunami Warning? Busy day!

OK, so we're all waiting to see what the day holds as we await an all clear from our current Tsunami Warning. Thanks to all who called or txt'd to check on me. So far so good here in California and my neighbors in Hawaii are fine too. Ferndale's schools are open, but I called and they said if you have to pass through a Tsunami Hazard Area, then don't come in. Pass through? We live in the zone! We are staying home, but also staying together. This would be the perfect day to go to the cabin at Price Creek and hang out while we wait for the all clear. But enough about the big waves and on to my yesterday:

March 10, 2011

Hit the gym at 5:30 and thanks to machine malfunctions (not really, just kept accidentally pulling the emergency stop rope without realizing it so my machine kept having to be restarted) resulting in a loss of workout time and a reduction of calories burned, but I did still burn 620 calories -- so it wasn't that bad.

I am happy to tell you all that I started my day off right by drinking my shake like a good girl. I had a Pumpkin Pie Shake for breakfast. Yumm-o! 44g of protein down for the day, just a minimum of 26g left to go for the day!

Lunch was an old favorite done healthier! Brie and Grapes is one of my hands down favorite meal or snack of all time! Super high in fat and calories though. Bummer! I can still have the real thing in small quantities, but not for a meal, so instead, I had:

2 rounds of Babybel Light Cheese
1 cup Green Grapes

Delish and satisfying after dealing with the DMV. Last year there was an emissions recall on my '04 Jaguar X-Type which held up my registration renewal until I had it taken care of. So I made an overnight trip to the city (San Francisco) and had the correction done and brought the DMV the correction form so I could complete last years renewal -- and they gave me my registration in exchange for the form (as the fees had already been paid). So yesterday I go to renew and they say I need the same thing corrected again! They lost the freakin correction form and didn't update my record first! So they wanted me to do it all again! Thankfully British Motor Cars in SF is making me out another form and mailing it to me. I'm gonna take the original and a photocopy to the DMV and only let them have the photo copy just in case they don't get their act together and make it right by next year -- I will have my proof on hand and not have to go through this again! Anyway, enough about my rant with the DMV.

For dinner, I thought maybe if I treated the kids and myself to Hunan's I would find some pleasure in eating again. Maybe my taste buds are just off, cause NOTHING tasted right! Britton claimed it tasted the same as it always has, but the Chinese Chicken Salad didn't taste right nor did the BBQ pork! I've heard others say their tastes change after surgery -- maybe that's what is happening to me? Whatever it is, I had: (approximately)

2 oz BBQ Pork
2/3 cup Chinese Chicken Salad

So for those of you concerned, I did great on my protein! with the BBQ Pork alone during my dinner I hit 70g! Plus the additional varied amount that the Chicken portion of my salad provided me.

Daily Stats:
Calories Consumed -- approximately 670
Calories Burned with Exercise -- 620
Protein: >70g

No comments:

Post a Comment