Saturday, March 26, 2011

Making Up For Lost Time

The sunburn is completely healed (except for the peeling!), so it's time to get back to life as usual. Well, actually it was time to get back to life as usual yesterday. I doubled up my workouts yesterday to make up for lost time, and this morning, I am sore! Guess it's just a sign that my workouts yesterday were a success. Actually, all of yesterday was a success. Let me tell you about it:

March 25, 2011

Like I said, I doubled up on my workouts. I did an at home workout with my cousin Latisha during her lunch break. She chose the treadmill, so I got the Gazelle . . . Yeah Baaaby! You can Dooo it! LOL. It really is a ridiculous looking machine, but done right, it kicks your ass! Used it to work on my upper arms and by the time I was done, they felt like wet spaghetti. Plus, I burned 575 calories! Then, Britton and I hit the gym at 8:45 p.m and I used the treadmill to alternate between running up a short incline and hiking up a full incline for an hour and 15 minutes (well, 50 minutes, then another 25 minutes -- because I had to watch the end of Fringe!) during which I burned another 1020 calories. So my total calories burned for the day was 1595! A new record for me.

I did great with my food too. I started the day with a Peach & Raspberry protein shake. I don't really have a name for it yet, and I'm not really sure if the recipe is a final draft or not yet, so I'm not naming or tagging it yet -- but here's what was in it:

2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
1 oz Torani Sugar-Free Red Raspberry Syrup
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Peach Syrup
1 oz H2O
12 Ice Cubes

It was good -- not spectacular, but good. I have to think about my other ingredients I could use to bump up the yum factor. This is definitely a work in progress recipe.

Lunch was Fage 0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt . . . all yummied up!

1 cup Fage 0% Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Red Raspberry Syrup
1 large Strawberry (Diced into small pieces)
6 Grapes (Diced into small pieces)

This was so good! The only way it could have been better was to have had a little granola added -- but I'm not sure if that's OK for me to have. I think I'll call my nutritionist next week and ask. If I do add the granola, I'll have to cut down on the yogurt to maybe a 1/2 cup.

I wanted a snack today -- I just felt hungry for a change, so I gave in to my guilty pleasure and had:

1 bag 94% Fat Free 100 Calorie Pack, Butter Flavor, Microwave Popcorn

I know, I know, Dr Cirangle would not be happy about this choice, but there a lot worse choices I could have made.

Dinner was not so delicious. I'm not very good at using a slow cooker, I guess. I put a Tri-Tip in with water covering it and a package of Knorr Vegetable soup to flavor it, and cooked it for 5 hours. And guess what? When it was done . . . it way REALLY dry! How the hell do you boil something dry??? It just doesn't make sense!

Now normally, I wouldn't eat something that wasn't 100% quality -- my pouch is now prime real estate and there is no room for low quality food in there, but I had just spent 5 hours cooking it and had no back-up plan. OK, so it's not like I "slaved" over it -- I put it in a slow cooker and left it alone, but still . . . so I decided to eat it anyway. I had:

4 oz Really Dry Tri-Tip (at least it was pretty much fat free! LOL)

Oh yeah, one more thing -- I have new vitamins. I placed an order with Bariatric Advantage thanks to the advice of Kayla, and got some yummy calcium supplements that taste just like Starburst! They are sugar-free, and each chew provides 25% of your recommended calcium. I bought both Lemon and Raspberry Flavor. They are delicious, but the have 15 calories each, so that's 60 calories -- 10% of my average intake just for my calcium if I take all four! Today I had 2, because I had yogurt, so I didn't feel like I needed all four.

Daily Stats:
Calories Consumed: 636
Calories Burned: 1595
Protein: 94g
H2O: 2L

No comments:

Post a Comment