Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Just Another Day

Pretty average day -- no great mysteries revealed, no magic tricks, no . . . oh wait, there was something pretty exciting that happened that I wanted to share with you: In the next month or so, Shankari the Alchemist and I will be co-hosting a call in talk radio show on blogtalk radio! (Thanks for the info Anjali). We will have shows on several different topics from Alchemy to The Metaphysical Properties of Stones (and give a free mini reading or two per show)! I'll keep you updated here as things progress.

I actually had a fabulous day really. After all was said and done My calorie consumption was 699 and a whopping 83g of protein!

February 28,2011

Breakfast (before and during my volunteer time in Kana's class -- had to go in a half hour early, so I took it in with me) was an "Apple Pie Ala Mode" Protein Shake. Some of you may remember this shake from a while back, but I improved on the recipe and cut out 80 calories and 1.5g of fat. Last time, I used Sugar-Free Torani Caramel Sauce which although there is no sugar in it, it's not exactly low cal. I substituted SF Caramel Syrup which has no calories, fat, or sugar! It was just as tasty if not better, since I didn't have to skimp on the caramel. Here is the new and improved recipe:

2 scoops Protein Powder
1 envelope Alpine Sugar-Free Instant Apple Cider
1-2 oz Hot H2O (just enough to dissolve the Apple Cider packet)
2 Ice Cubes (to cool down the apple cider after packet is dissolved. Protein powder and hot liquids aren't a good match)
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Cinnamon & Brown Sugar Syrup
2 oz Torani Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup
12 Ice Cubes

It looks like a lot more work when it's written out, but it really isn't. I especially love this shake. It reminds me of a cold blended version of the Starbucks Hot Caramel Apple drink. Yumm-o!

Lunch was something I've been thinking about doing since the discovery of the Torani Sugar-Free syrups. And guess what? It worked out just like I thought it would. "Sweet" Fruit Flavored Greek Yogurt without all the extra calories or carbs! Check it out:

1 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
1 oz Torani Sugar-Free Peach Syrup

For those of you who are fans of Greek yogurt, you know the texture (even when fat free) is extremely creamy. It's almost like you mixed whipped cream into regular yogurt, making it decadent and dessert like. Plus, as an added bonus, it's super dooper ally ooper packed with protein (23g per cup).

Snack time after school with Kana was one of my favorite snack foods -- Popcorn! I had 3 cups (because Kana wouldn't let me steal any of his LOL!)

Dinner was another "Crazy Khrysti Concoction" I have named Spaghetti Salad. I mean hey, some buddy had to be the first to add chili to a salad add some cheese, salsa, and sour cream and call it Taco Salad right? Basically, The family wanted Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, and Green Salad . . . so I just took the parts I could eat and mixed them all together! Good thing I've never been one of those "my peas can't touch my mashed potatoes or I can't eat it" kind of people, or the world would miss out on a great new salad idea! Here's what went in the bowl:

2 1/2 oz Ground Turkey Italian Sweet Sausage
1/2 cup Tomato & Basil Spaghetti Sauce (reduced down to 1/4 cup)
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Romaine Lettuce

It was actually really good, looked weird, but it tasted good. I will make this my default dinner on spaghetti night from now on.

Exercise -- I did my faux Bender ball exercise DVD. Not as "easy" as it was at Jaime's; because my abs/ribs are SORE! Guess that's my body's twisted way of saying, "Great job Khrysti, keep up the good work!"

No comments:

Post a Comment