Thursday, March 10, 2011

It Really Is Just Fuel

Ok so after a long pep talk with Denise, I suppose that food really is nothing other than fuel and I am going to embrace this new attitude towards food as a healthy one. Moving on! I am going to work on getting my nutrition in everyday and find my joy elsewhere. Which would be much easier if I were at my home in Hawaii instead of Humboldt! I'm sure there are things to find joy in here though, I mean there are people who come here to visit on purpose. They must see something that I have forgotten, so I will begin looking. That being said, here was my yesterday:

March 9, 2011

So the alarm went off this morning as planned. Britton and I were both happy to be able to start our day off right, and enthusiastically headed off to the gym. I must have been making up for the lost day yesterday, because my calories burned hit a new record this morning! 725 calories burned!!! That felt good. I watched the 650lb Virgin follow up show while I worked out thinking, "If that guy could lose over 400 lbs, then this last 79 I have to go is nothing!" I even stepped up my pace out of inspiration. My goal is to hit 1000cals in a workout -- but probably not going to happen in a morning workout (due to limited time). I will, however get there even if it means a Friday night workout.

Breakfast was 3 of the Left Over Bites from the night before. one was cold and the other two were nuked. Not that I couldn't wait til they were nuked to eat them,  I just thought I'd try them cold (the new, "I don't really give a $h*t" thing) to avoid having to put any extra effort into putting fuel in my body. But they really did need to be a bit warmer, so I nuked the other 2 for just a few seconds. They were much better warm.

Lunch was more left overs. The Split Pea Soup I made and froze last week. Here's a trick: when freezing soups, pour into ice cube trays for freezing. Then once frozen, pop the cubes out and place into a ZipLock Freezer bag for easy portion control when using as a quick meal -- from freezer to microwave to table!

1 cup Split Pea Soup

Dinner was . . .leftovers. No just kidding! NOT left overs! But that would have been funny if it was.  I made Spaghetti and meatballs and salad for the family. I was going to have 2 or 3 meatballs and a salad, but I decided I wanted a few more meatballs more than adding a salad. So I had:

6 Armor Meatballs

They were good. 6 was actually a serving, which contains 270calories. They were super high in fat though, so it was good that my breakfast and lunch choices both had little fat in them, so I still didn't go over my fat grams (I'm allowed 30g a day)

I did not, however, hit my protein target! Oops!!! I will do better tomorrow.

Daily Stats:
Calories consumed: 570
Calories burned: 725
Protein: 40g

No comments:

Post a Comment